Basant Kumar Birla Distinguished Research Scholar Awards for Social Science and Management
Awards and Eligibility
The awards are a tribute to the researchers who have contributed to the progress of society and humanity through their dedication to research. Serving as a source of inspiration, the award helps raise the profile of talented individuals and the organizations, in addition to the profession as a whole.
To make the awards more inclusive and broad based BIMTECH is revising the rules and guidelines for the edition of year 2022 onwards:
The awards will be announced in two categories
1. For Private Sector: Faculty of private business schools and management departments of private universities in India.
2. For Government funded institutes: Faculty from institutes such as IIMs, IITs, NITs, Central Universities and Government funded institutes.
The above two categories will be evaluated separately.
During the past five years researchers should have done work in India. They may visit abroad but their affiliations should be with Indian institutes. They should also stay in India for a minimum period of three years during the past five years. Only Indian residents can apply
Eligibility criteria: Minimum three publications as first author in ABDC A* or ABS 4. Or total points of 18 or more from FT 50, journals with Impact factor of 8.0 and above, ABS 4*, ABS 4 and ABDC A* journals during the previous five calendar years of 2018 to 2022.
Journals having Impact Factor of 8 and above and brought out by the six publishing houses: Elsevier, SAGE, Wiley, Springer, Cambridge UP, and Taylor & Francis will be considered even if they are not listed in ABDC or ABS.
Total Prizes: For each of the two categories of private sector and government funded institutes, there will be one first prize of Rs. 300,000, and one second prize of Rs. 200,000.
In all, there will be four prizes to be won.
For comparison all eligible publications will be awarded points and total points will be compared.
Prizes may be withdrawn for a category if no one is found to be suitable.
Papers published in lower category journals than stated above will not be considered.
Papers published as an author other than first author will fetch 25% less points
Winners of previous editions of Basant Kumar Birla award will have go through a cooling period of three years. For example, winners of the first edition held for 2019 and announced in 2020 can participate only in 2023
Points will be allocated as shown in the following table:
|Journal List||Points for First author||Points for name appearing not as first author|
|Journal with impact factor of 8 and above published by reputed publishers*||8||6|
|ABS 4, ABDC A*||6||4.5|
|ABS 3, ABDC A||4||3|
|ABS 2, ABDC B||NIL||NIL|
|ABS 1, ABDC C||NIL||NIL|
|Only Scopus and any other||NIL||NIL|
* List of reputed publishers includes only these six publishing houses: Elsevier, SAGE, Wiley, Springer, Cambridge UP, and Taylor & Francis
* Only those journals which are not listed in either ABDC or ABS but have high impact factor will be eligible under this category.
1. Papers published in journals not included in the FT 50, ABS and ABDC lists but published by reputed publishers and having Impact Factor of 8 and above will be considered
2. Papers which do not fall in any of the above categories, but merits consideration, will be referred to a committee of three professors to seek resolution
Nominations, either by peers or self, are invited from eligible scholars attaching professional profile with a list of research outputs during the past five calendar years. Nominations must be made by email and include a detailed assessment of a nominee’s accomplishments. Explanatory documentation is helpful.
Apply immediately giving your demographic information; academic journey culminating into doctoral degree, academic experience and research publications in high-quality journals.
Nomination forms are available on the website which can be downloaded from here – DOWNLOAD FORM.
The filled in form along with the copies of the research output should be submitted by email to [email protected]. The jury will submit the result to the Director, BIMTECH, whose decision shall be final and binding.